Working at channelcentral means working with some of the World’s biggest IT Companies with services reaching out to almost 60 countries. We pride ourselves on supporting our staff with great benefits including Pension, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Holiday Purchase, Healthcare cover, as well as training and development programmes. channelcentral’s policy is to reward staff beyond statutory minimum requirements providing the best possible employment terms.
(DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY PLEASE)
Braintree, Essex CM77 8YG
Normal working hours are 9am to 5:30pm, M-F. Out of hours work will be required from time to time as dictated by operational demand.
This post is excluded from the on-call Rota.
Date of Issue:
8th August 2018
Context and Purpose:
channelcentral is a Software-as-a-Service company specialising in the worldwide IT Hardware Distribution and Reseller Channel. We create cutting-edge eCommerce software that is used by some of the world’s largest IT companies, and we are growing – we’re now looking for an experienced Marketing professional. You will own and lead all of the Marketing activities for the company including the relationships with our Marketing Agencies. Working in a positive and creative work environment at our Head Office, the successful candidate will help to develop and drive demand for our exciting new products for our worldwide customer base. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful growing company, offering a competitive salary and an excellent range of benefits.
Main Purpose of
The purpose of this role is to plan and manage all of our Marketing activities, driving demand for our products and services in the WW technology sector, to generate interest in our services, creating demand and leads that result in new business. The role involves the strategic development and management of our online presence, our digital Marketing and communications including social media activity, and our presence at industry events and conferences.
The post holder has the following primary responsibilities:
- Own, develop and deliver all channelcentral Marketing activities.
- Manage the annual Marketing Budget.
- Generate Sales leads using Marketing Programs/Assets.
- Manage all external Marketing agencies.
- Manage all opportunities to increase Marketing revenues from Channel Partners and Manufacturers.
- Enhance Marketing success by building the use of Social Media and digital Marketing platforms and tools, including Twitter, LinkedIn, WordPress and MailChimp.
- Contribute to improving customer utilization of our products and provide relevant reporting.
- Manage and maintain customer information and sales pipeline in the company’s Marketing / CRM systems.
- Organise the company’s attendance at internal and external events, trade shows and conferences.
- Provide internal (.net News and .Net Life) and external (channelcentral News) communications via email.
- Maintain and enforce channelcentral Marketing guidelines, both internally and externally.
- Enhance productivity from channelcentral staff through the use of Marketing templates.
- Own the Company’s CRM and eMail Marketing tools: Capsule and Mailchimp.
- Engage with channelcentral’s Charity activities.
- Undertake any other tasks as may be reasonably requested from time to time.
Generation of new business Sales leads that result in signed contracts with new and existing customers.
The postholder should possess capabilities, skills and attributes to the levels shown. Capability is ranked from 1 to 4, with 1 being little capability required, and 4 being a seasoned subject-matter expert.
|Role Based Capability
|Marketing & Branding
|Use of IT & Technology
|Product / Proposition Management
||User Interface Design
|New Business Sales
||Legal and Contractual, rights usage
|Communications & Interpersonal
||Customer Service & Support
|Creativity and Design Flair
|Project & Programme management
|Team management & Leadership
The post holder will ideally be a qualified Marketing professional with 3-5 years relevant experience in a related B2B Marketing discipline. The postholder should demonstrate the following experience:
- Proven experience of designing, developing and delivering worldwide Marketing and demand-generation strategies and campaigns including multilingual / multi-cultural.
- Experience of B2B Marketing is desirable, ideally in the WW Technology sector.
- Experience of agency briefing, selection and campaign delivery.
- Experience of measuring and reporting on Marketing activity KPIs, campaign results and outcomes.
- Selection of Marketing tools and platforms.
- Experience in liaising with and reporting to prospects, customers and internal stakeholders.
- Some exposure working with overseas customers and projects would be a bonus.
- Some experience in mentoring and managing others is a bonus.
The postholder will be able to demonstrate the following personal characteristics and attributes:
- Confident and approachable, able to engage effectively with customers and colleagues.
- Communicative – willing and able to maintain open and effective dialogue with customers and colleagues.
- Creative, with strong design and presentation flair.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good organisational ability, able to plan and execute a series of tasks reliably to a consistent standard.
- Proactive self-starter, flexible, adaptable, sociable, resilient.
- An excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Fluency in any foreign language a bonus but not a prerequisite.
Qualifications / Certifications:
Qualifications required for this role are as follows:
- Ideally, a degree or equivalent in any relevant Marketing discipline; or a track record of relevant work experience and CPD.
- Evidence of continuing skills development e.g. in digital, advanced content, or social media.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing, or equivalent.
- Possess (or be willing and able to obtain) a full UK driver’s licence.
- Possess (or be willing and able to obtain) a full passport.
The postholder must be:
- Eligible to live and work permanently in the UK. Evidence will be required.
- Able to travel on business (with no restrictions) to any country in Europe; and to the USA.
You can apply here
Notice for Recruitment Agencies
channelcentral operates a Preferred Supplier List (PSL). The next date the PSL will be reviewed is: June 2020.
If you would like to be considered at that time please use this form
Note: no CVs will be considered from any agencies not on our PSL. Aggressive telemarketing or unsolicited email will result in exclusion from our PSL.
INTRODUCING THE CHANNELCENTRAL UNDERGRADUATE PLACEMENT PROGRAMME
channelcentral is pleased to be working with the University of Gloucestershire, offering a Placement Programme for 2nd year Computer Science undergraduates.
You can read more here
Did you know channelcentral has an Apprenticeship Programme?